Monday, January 31, 2011

My Life in 50 Words

I got to thinking about my life recently, and how I would describe it. (With close to two feet of snow on the ground, it was better than thinking about shoveling, or worse yet, the nearly 2 months of winter ahead!) What would I say about myself? How would I recount my life; my experiences; my family?

From there, my mind wandered, as it often does these days. Could I, I wondered, describe my life in 100 words? How about 50 words? What would I say? What characteristics, memories and attributes would I deem important enough to include in those few sentences?

I started a list: hometown; siblings; political party; schools; likes, dislikes. I pondered the importance of whether or not someone should know that I love scary movies and hate science fiction.

When finished, I discovered my life could be written rather easily in 167 words. I had to be more selective. What did I really want people to know about me?

So I whittled it down, little by little until… Success!

My Life in 50 Words:

I was born in October 1966, the youngest of six children.
I attended 16 years of Catholic schools.
I have been married for 21 years and have 3 children.
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother and friend.
I love the beach, writing, reading, diet coke, chocolate and my family.


Think it’s easy. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a note and let me know what you're thinking! But please remember, we're all friends here!