Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Home

Home - such a warm, welcoming four-letter word.

It’s an especially poignant word for me today, as I just came back from three weeks away and I am readying my son as he prepares to leave for his final year at college.

Home makes me think of my kitchen table, my comfy bed and my nightstand piled high with books. Home conjures up sweet memories of my youth, playing with my siblings and sharing secrets with my sisters.

While the picture below shows our house in which we live and raise our children, our home is harder to capture in pictures. Our home is filled with love and laughter. Our home is a combination of old and new; do-it-yourself and work in progress. Our home contains memories – both good and bad, funny and sad. Our home is not made of stone and siding, but laughter and tears.

Our home is where our family is!

What's your definition of home?



“Every house where love abides and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home, for there the heart can rest.” Henry Van Dyke

(Day 13 of The August Break - Home.)

2 comments:

  1. When I think of home, I think of it as a comforting place to hang out. I always miss my own bed when I am traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Christy! There's no place like home!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a note and let me know what you're thinking! But please remember, we're all friends here!